Monday, January 9, 2017

Rebekah's Servant Heart


I just love the story of how Rebekah meets Abraham's servant who has been commissioned to find Isaac a wife!  It is such a concise love story.  But one thing I love about Rebekah is her servant's heart. In Genesis 24 MSG, as the servant asks Rebekah for water, she replies
18-21 She said, “Certainly, drink!” And she held the jug so that he could drink. When he had satisfied his thirst she said, “I’ll get water for your camels, too, until they’ve drunk their fill.” She promptly emptied her jug into the trough and ran back to the well to fill it, and she kept at it until she had watered all the camels. 
I have the spiritual gift of serving. More than teaching, more than empathizing, more than dividing the Word of truth, what I really just want to do is to help others in any way that I can. Rebekah's story resonates with me. (Although I'm pretty sure I don't want to have a ring for my nose!)
Sometimes I sing this song during my quiet time: Make Me a Servant by Maranatha Singers.

No comments:

Post a Comment