Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016 March 12 Day 85 & Still Overweight

Day 85. I've lost 15 pounds. I'm fitting into some clothes I hadn't seen in a long time. I feel cuter. My hair even looks better. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week, and I'm doing it. 
 
But I got this full report in the mail yesterday from our health insurance. It included a full blood work-up. Verdict: Overweight. High Cholesterol. 
Boom. I had been doing well on my Sparking journey to a better me, but then bulls-eye: BAM! Overweight. High Cholesterol. 
It is a blessing and a curse. A curse because I didn't want to hear it. A blessing because it is just what I needed to re-charge my motivation to tighten-up my resolve to be a better me. 
I have been slipping lately: more snacks than necessary & not nearly enough exercise. . . . not to mention ZERO strength training. The only thing I'm doing for exercise is walking. 
It is time to up my game. I MUST begin doing something exercise-wise other than just walking to improve my life. I MUST stop snacking on little stuff --- that is what has been a downfall in the past. Alarm Bells are now ringing. Time to plan for more nutritious and protein-filled breakfasts to curb the snack-cravings at work. 

This morning in my quiet time, I read Deuteronomy 20:1-4 When you go to war against your enemy and see horses and chariots and soldiers far outnumbering you, do not recoil in fear of them; God, your God, who brought you up out of Egypt is with you. When the battle is about to begin, let the priest come forward and speak to the troops. He'll say, "Attention, Israel. In a few minutes you're going to do battle with your enemies. Don't waver in resolve. Don't fear. Don't hesitate. Don't panic. God, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win." (The MSG) 
The chances of me ever going out to war against an enemy are less than 1%. But I do battle MY FLESH. Lack of discipline is my enemy. When I look at my goal and where I want to be in 6 months, it seems I am outnumbered. So I'm going to steal these verses and apply them to my future: Don't waver in resolve. Don't fear. Don't hesitate. Don't panic. God, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win! 
Lord, be with me. Go before me. Help me to fight my flesh and gain victory! 


And isn't this just like our spiritual journey? I've been a Christian since 1979. And yet, my spiritual life has so much more to grow in faith, discipline, understanding, depth, and knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment