Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016 Jan. 25 Beware the Yeast

 
In my quiet time today, yeast was mentioned in my Old Testament reading (Exodus 12) and New (Matthew 16). In the Old--it was all about eating bread w/o yeast for 7 days at Passover. In the New, Jesus was telling his disciples to beware of the yeast. He further explained in vs. 11-12 "How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the yeast of the Pharisees & Sadducees. Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 
What can I learn from this? Perhaps God wants me to remember that I am easily influenced by the world around me, my setting, my habits, the philosophies of people I look up to. 
How can I be more aware and protect myself? Pray, Confess, be Humble, Fill my Thoughts with Scripture, Spiritual Songs, Challenging Teachings. 
Encouraging Verse: Ephesians 6: 11-13 "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (NKJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment