Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016 Jan. 18 The Last State of Man Becomes Worse Than the First


 
All this effort to change my life to become more healthy--it is a lot of work. Sad to say, but I've done it before . . . twice I've lost 30 pounds . . . and gained all the weight back and more within 2-3 years. Scary thought. 
When I read this passage in my quiet time this morning, it reminded me of my past failures with what I was putting INTO my body (physically--not spiritually): 
Matthew 12:43-45 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came'; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation." (NASB) 
I know the passage is really about spiritual health, but I can so relate physically.
Dear Lord, forgive me of my sins. Cleanse my heart. Guide my steps. Help me on this journey of being healthy as I sweep up and put my life in order, that I fill every space with You. Help me to grow spiritually as well as physically, so that I can be pleasing to you and a blessing to others. 
Encouraging Verse: Phil. 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
Bible References: www.biblegateway.com 
Image: http://tonikuhn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/woman-sweeping-300x225.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment