Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016 Jan. 17 Pharaoh Gets It--I'm Just Starting to Get It


 
This morning I read about Pharaoh in Genesis 41. He had two dreams foretelling of future years of plenty followed by famine. After Joseph interpreted the dreams, he advised Pharaoh to put someone in charge of managing and organizing during the years of plenty and drought, v. 33-36. Immediately Pharaoh decided to put Joseph in charge. 
Food. Just because there is plenty and abundance, doesn't mean I should indulge myself. Even Pharaoh knew that food should be managed and organized with a firm hand. He gets it. 
On my journey to be healthy, I've chosen SparkPeople to help me organize and manage my nutrition, exercise, goals, education, and interactions with an amazing group of like-minded people aspiring to better themselves. I am one of the most frugal people I know, and I don't think I'd step out and pay for the experience before getting hooked--as I am now--on the need for the accountability and structure SparkPeople provides. I can't imagine how complex the food/recipe/exercise calculators are. The articles and inspirational pieces are endless. I'm just starting to realize how valuable this is to help me become my better me. 
A good leader sees the need for management and organization for a system to be productive and successful. Pharaoh got it. I'm just beginning to realize how important all this extra effort is in my journey to manage the life I've been given. 
Encouraging verse: Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who hath begun a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ (NIV) 
Bible reference: www.biblegateway.com 
image: Tamar Messer Studio and Gallery http://tamarmesser.com/print/pharaohs-dream/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment