Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016 Jan. 1 Tainted Women: I'm in Good Company

I use Bible Gateway.com to read through the Bible each year. I read the Old Testament in The Message version, and then type the New Testament using ScriptureTyper.com. 
Anywho, this morning I'm in Genesis and Matthew---since it is 1/1/16. 
In Matthew 1, there is a giant genealogical list from Abraham to Jesus. Only 5 women are mentioned: Tamar (acting as a prostitute when she gave birth), Rahab (who used to be a prostitute in Jericho), Ruth (a Moabite--descendant of incest rial relationship between Lot & his daughters), Bathsheba (an adulteress), and Mary (pregnant out of wedlock). All the women could be seen as TAINTED by judgmental outsiders. 
So, I guess I'm in good company! I am not disciplined like I should be, I talk too much, I'm self-centered and impulsive. 
Perhaps one day, I'll be listed in a line with the greats! 

 
Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. KJV 
Child song by Joel Hemphill: 
"He's still working on me, 
To make me what I ought to be. 
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, 
the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. 
How loving and patient He must be, 
He's still working on me." 
https://youtu.be/O-2_3qrv7Tg 

No comments:

Post a Comment