Saturday, April 2, 2016

2015 Nov. 29 Inspirational Motivation

On November 29, 2015, I decided to change my unhealthy physical habits.  I began using SparkPeople.com--a fantastic website--to keep me accountable and help me on this journey. I have used it before--with success. One of the features of SparkPeople is a member blog forum.  I began blogging during my quiet time, as I was learning to apply the scriptures to my personal struggles. I decided I would transfer my blog posts from SparkPeople over to this blog because one of the purposes of this blog is to be real, and be On Mission with my Christian life. It is who I am.  It is how I struggle. 
So the next several posts are from my SparkPeople blog--beginning with
Nov. 29, 2015:  Inspirational Motivation
I'm wanting to put scripture around the house to remind me to stay disciplined and focused on my pursuit of being a more disciplined me. I even thought about posting little index cards all around that said, "What would Lynn say?" or "What would Susan say?" to remind me of my best friends of years past who are much more healthy and disciplined than I am. But then I thought Jim and Ben would think that hokey to see those notes in the cabinets, etc. 
So I'm gonna look for scriptures to motivate and inspire. Posting them around the kitchen wouldn't be so awkward. Here's a scripture passage I found this morning: 
2 Peter 1: 5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. NKJV 
Summary: Faith-->Virtue-->Knowledge-->Self-Control-->Perseverance-->Godliness-->Brotherly Kindness-->Love. 

For we must not forget that we have been cleansed from our old sins. 
Image:http://books.whatstrendingnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/motivation-and-inspiration-840x330.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment