Saturday, April 2, 2016

2015 Dec. 6 What Would Lynn Say?


My college roommate Lynn was a competitive athlete. She ran cross country, did the heptathlon in track, and played on the women's basketball team for our college. She was amazing. And she was my best friend. 
Lynn inspired me to push myself harder, be healthier, and be a better me. We held one another accountable for spiritual growth, too. A verse describing us would be: Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." 
But that was nearly 30 years ago. And Lynn lives north of the Arctic Circle in Canada as a missionary raising and fostering more than a dozen children. 
And I am in South Carolina raising one and weighing more than 185 pounds! (I wonder if her hair has started to turn gray, too!) 
A few times this week, I have come home from a long day of teaching to sit down in the living room exhausted. I've been Sparking for a week. Then I hear Lynn say, "Come on, aren't you going to walk?" 

And I go get my tennis shoes and the dog leashes. . . and get 30 minutes in just as it is turning dark. 
Thanks, Lynn, my friend. I miss you and wish you were with me now. But I guess in a way, you still are. 
P.S. I've lost 4 pounds! 

Who inspires you? 

Here is a picture of Lynn I found on-line at http://www.arcticoutreach.org/images/ftmcph5.jpg
She is doing VBS with kids. She is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment